Actions Menu Bar
Every button pushed, and every menu-choice in Reaper is an "action". And they are all found in the Action-list ( "Action > Show action list" or shortcut "?" ).
The Action List is currently split into 6 sections. Each of them contains a different set of actions for the different areas of Reaper. That way for example hitting "D" can have a different meaning, depending on which area of Reaper has the focus at that time.
These sections are:
- Main the main arrange window, transport and mixer view and then some, I guess
- Main (alt recording) doubles the actions in Main and can be used as an alternative shortcut assignment set while Reaper is recording. Check Preferences -> General -> Keyboard: "Use alternate keyboard section when recording" to enable it.
- Media explorer Reaper's Media explorer window
- MIDI Editor The MIDI Piano Roll editor view
- MIDI Event List Editor The MIDI Event List editor view
- MIDI Inline Editor Reaper's Inline Edit mode
The "Actions" Dialog
To find an action, type in your keywords in the "filter"-box.
Tips: If you don't find what you want, try other keywords.
Assign shortcuts to an action with "Add".
Make custom actions with "Custom action - New".
To change the list's section, use the "Section" dropdown on the upper right of the window.